This is why you should be watching Don’t Trust the B—- in Apartment 23:
- James van der Beek plays himself. No, really. That Ke$ha video really saved his career.
- It’s sitcom-y, but without the laugh track, horrible lighting and annoying characters on How I Met Your Mother (yeah, I said it!)
- The characters are awesome. One supporting is a pervert who lives across the alley who is also good at psychology. Exciting! The girl who lives down the hall is obsessed with one of the main characters, Chloe, and follows her and shit. Chloe is a scheming party girl that you can’t help but love. Sold yet?
- It’s about 20 somethings in New York, but what isn’t?!
- Chloe’s wardrobe is awesome.
- Chloe is always drunk.
- June is the other main character. She’s from Indiana (I think) and is the naive, “good girl” who is a worry-wort, had a life plan (gross) and an MBA, but can’t get a real job because the economy blows. She freaks out about everything.
- One Million Moms (73 women with mall highlights) hates the show because it is “sexually-explicit”. Bahaha!
Seriously, this show is so weird, and so awesome in a way that makes you feel cool for being in your 20s, not depressing yet honest a la Girls. For your afternoon pleasure, here’s the link to watch the episodes. There are 5. I’m halfway through them, and already jealous of you if you have not seen this show yet.